Fort Humbolt State Park

CA


Fort Humboldt is situated on a bluff overlooking Humboldt Bay. This remote military post was established in 1853 to assist in conflict resolution between Native Americans and gold-seekers and settlers who had begun flooding into the area after the discovery of gold in the northern mines. Later, Fort Humboldt would become the headquarters for the Humboldt Military District, which included Forts Bragg and Wright in northern Mendocino County, extending north through Humboldt County to Fort Ter-Waw in Klamath and Camp Lincoln near present-day Crescent City.

Phone Number:

707-445-6567

Website:

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=665

Are we missing something? Click here to submit a park.



Legal Information    |    Contact Us

Copyright © 2022 by Strategic Development Group, Inc. All rights reserved.